Low-E Reflective Insulation COSHH Information
Under the COSHH Regulations 2002, it is the duty of employers to prevent or control the exposure of their employees to substances that may be hazardous to health.
Identification of products
- Low-E Insulation Ezy Seal – Vapour Barrier Reflective Insulation
- Low-E Insulation PERF – Breathable Reflective Insulation
- Low-E Slabshield Insulation – Under Floor Insulation
- Low-E Micro-E – Super Thin Reflective Insulation (3mm)
Low-E® Reflective Insulation products are made up of a combination of – 99.4% Pure Aluminium Facings
– Recycled Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam Core
Low-E® Reflective Insulation products should be stored on a flat dry surface in its bag, out of direct sunlight, until it is ready for installation.
Although Low-E Reflective Insulation products have an excellent fire rating, it is recommended that they should not be exposed to open flames or ignition sources of sufficient intensity during shipment, storage or installation. 50mm of clearance should be left around heat producing flues or light fittings. Packaging materials are combustible.
Lightweight, non-hazardous material.Handling precautions and personal protection. There is not any special safety equipment required to handle or install Low-E Reflective Insulation products.
When using Low-E® Reflective Insulation products outdoors, be aware of glare from the sun; protect your eyes and skin. Aluminium surfaces should not be installed in direct contact with uncured concrete or any uncoated raw metals. Do not walk Low-E® Reflective Insulation products when it is cut, before installation.
Ecological Production Information
- Do any of the materials contain any Blowing agents with Ozone Depletion Potential?- No
- Do any of the materials contain any DEHPs, DBDEs, HBCDs, CFCs, Ureas ?- No
- Do any of the materials contain any of the four substances (Columbite-tantalite, Cassiterite, Wolframite, Gold) regulated by section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act?- No
- Do any of the materials listed below contain any of the six substances restricted by the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS)?- No
- Do any of the materials listed below contain substances classified as SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern) according to the June 20, 2013 update of the REACH candidate list table?- No
- Low-E Reflective Insulation products have no known Eco Toxic effects.
Low-E® Reflective Insulation products are NOT classified as dangerous for supply. Statutory instruments Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act, 1974; Consumer Protection Act 1987; Environment Protection Act, 1990; Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations, 2002; Waste Management – the Duty of Care, 1991; Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations, 1992.
Intended use: Thermal insulation as described in Low-E® Reflective Insulation product literature.
Low-E® Reflective Insulation products are guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship for 20 years. Blisters or bubbles in product surface will not affect performance. Product thickness
for products with foil on both sides may vary +/- l0%. Other products may vary +/- 20%.
If you wish to contact us regarding Low-E Reflective Insulation products, please visit www.low-e.co.uk and click on the ‘contact us’ page. Low-E UK Ltd has a policy of continuous product development and reserves the right to alter product designs or specifications without prior notice.
Details are correct at date of publication – July 2014. Low-E UK Ltd Registered in England No: 5574 534 Unit 48 Weaver Industrial Estate, Blackburn Street, Liverpool L19 8JA P: +44(0)151 494 9994 F: +44(0)560 3107 699